View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 04:30 PM   #12
woofa.express

Default Re: Pulled over by the Police!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
I try not to drive my car at night but a week or so I got stuck at work after dark and had to drive my car home. It’s an early 1929 so it has a 1928 style taillight.
I had a highway patrolman coming up behind me then along side of me then behind me again, he put on his lights and pulled me over.
He went along side to see if my headlights were on, because he could hardly see my tail light.
He was very young and hadn’t run across 6 volt lighting before. No ticket, just a discussion
about lighting and he suggested LED bulbs.
He did say what a nice car it was and gave it a good look over.
Long story short, I got some LED bulbs from Bert’s and put in some tin foil in the housings
with them and boy its bright now.

poor tail lights do worry me and on one night my buddy following behind spoke of a car rapidly closing in on me followed by severe breaking, he obviously hadn't seen me. I enquired with a local "A" supply dealer about LED tail lights and he suggested a better idea. Us a pulsating red light, the ones that are frequently seen on bicycles. They are inexpensive and can be seen more than 2 miles away. I now carry one, fully charged of course.
In addition I applied adhesive reflective tape to the rear bumper bars.
I feel much more comfortable driving at night, which is not often.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pulsaing.JPG (22.3 KB, 33 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 07-27-2019 at 04:36 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote