View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 03:14 PM   #18
Roxo

Default Re: Any good aftermarket headlights ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badpuppy View Post
Roxo, you didn't mention the year of your car - if you have the earlier H-type lamps (1928-E29) the easiest option would be to use the halogen set you have. To equip these lamps with the led bulbs and Bratton reflectors it would be necessary to splice a Twolite (29-31) lamp socket to the existing 1/2" conduit socket. Unless, as CarlG suggests, there is an led swap for your (9007?) halogen bulbs.

Another point to consider for 30-31 buckets - I have read there is inadequate clearance behind the connector, requiring the halogen bulb tabs to be bent outward and the connector replaced with individual spade terminals.
I have a 1930 pickup, I think it started out as a pickup who really knows. It has a wood cab and bed. Block number is from february 1930. Also has attachments for snow equipment. Front radiator i think is from a 1931. It could just be a mutt LOL!

I did install the Halogen kit to one side this morning and it fit just fine with plenty of clearance for the connector. I'm not sure the headlights are from a 1930 as this is my first Model A. I have learned a lot and I have a lot more to learn.
I learn a lot from this form and appreciate the help and advice from everyone on here. It sure makes things easier on us new guys.
Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote