View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Mark Schwing

Smile Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I have chaired the annual Orange County pancake breakfast for the past 6 years. The City of Orange is being chastised for correspondence from a low lever staffer. I have been working with Mayor Caveeche to improve the rules and limitations that the staff placed on the event this. The move by the Orange County club to cancel the event has gotten high level attention at the city. One could even report that a very furious Mayor had a more than a few strong words to say behind closed doors. Orange is now willing to go back to the old, grandfathered rules.

I have just one question: If the club's decision can be reversed to hold the event perhaps on Sunday, 6 May is there enough interest from southern California chapters and regions to do that? Would you attend?

I need to see some quick resposnes before moving forward. I personnaly would hate to see this event fade away and die. It is the foremost Model A event in southern California every year and usually features over 300 Model A's and servos btween 1000 and 1200 breakfast along with fabulous raffle prizes.
Mark Schwing is offline   Reply With Quote