Thread: price on car
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #11
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: price on car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford31 View Post
theres a model a maybe for sale but wants offer,1930 2 door,no visable rust has original glass,body looks ok ,good hood,radiator shell ok radiator looks ok fenders bad has welds and some dents motor locked up ......put couple quarts oil in runs out rear fast as u put it interier bad wood seems ok so is top been inside tires are up trying to figure offer
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle View Post
How about some optimistic thinking? Pay $3k for the car. Dump some marvel mystery oil in the cylinders and get it running. Go to the local fabric store and pay $150 for the interior fabric, put it on yourself. Pay $70 for a gallon of paint at farm and fleet, paint it yourself. Go through the brakes, another $500 maybe, change all fluids $100. For around $4k you have a respectable driver! Who knows, but for sure you'll have a lot of fun and guaranteed to learn something. A whole lot cheaper that just about anything else you'll ever do. Or go buy a new Chevy, spend $40k and in 8 years you can sell it for $3500 to a local college girl.
Seems like he already has it running. The motor was locked up (i.e.: stuck) but added some oil and it goes real fast now.

I think the rest of your advice is pretty spot-on for this level of car. I do question your definition of 'respectable' though!!

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote