View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 10:52 AM   #35
BUBBAS IGNITION

Default Re: Let's start a junkyard fuel injection discussion

After owning Linder Fuel Injection for 24 years and shipping thousands of injectors , we installed quite a few systems :

Mega squirt is entirely too much work ?? Most never run ..

I would suggest using a stock ecm ( thousands of parameters are already installed )
Use the edelbrock four barrel manifold with a adapter for the TBI throttle body injection , buy a used throttle body as close as matching your cubic inch .....MAYBE A 4.3 CI V 6
Use a adjustable fuel pressure regulator to trim the system if needed , also buy a adjustable map sensor .....
I would buy a new tbi chevy distributor to use the auto timing features and just machine for the flathead ...
Electric frame mounted fuel pump with return line .
Buy a harness from Larrys Electric in Ruma illinois and use a ecm from him if he has one . I have used Larry for quite a few conversions etc .
Trust the factory ( who have made millions of units when possible...
Keep it simple and you will love it .
I installed one of these on my hot rod model a truck , painted the unit eastwood gold to look like a carb and hid the dual fuel lines with a large piece of shrink tube , drove it for years and every show we were in everyone just thought it was a carb under that aircleaner

KEEP IT SIMPLE AND YOU WILL LOVE IT !!!!!!
glad to help

Last edited by BUBBAS IGNITION; 02-15-2021 at 10:58 AM.
BUBBAS IGNITION is offline   Reply With Quote