View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 10:39 PM   #9
cars2cool

Default Re: preferred 2 barrel Y-block intake manifold?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene F View Post
Cars2Cool...May I ask why you are inquiring?
Thanks Gene for asking. I'm gathering parts for a '56 F100 rebuild and want to install either a 292 or a 312 Y-block mated to a C-4 automatic. I would like to be able to maintain Interstate speeds and let the wife drive it too. She can't drive a manual transmission but she can change a flat tire! I currently have 2 mid-50's F100's that are done back to as authentic as I can afford, I am a Fordaholic. I am aware that there a different size holes in the base of the 3 bolt carburetors and that ties in with CFM's. I have been looking at the various used intakes that are being offered for sale on the internet, and I can't tell with any certainty which ones have the larger ports to match the larger carbs. I know there is a rear end gear ratio change in my future as well, as both of my current pickups have the original 3.92 Dana 44's. They work great for in town speeds, but I get this sick feeling in my gut when I wind them up past 55 or 60 mph. The '55 has the original 239 V8 with the original Ford-o-matic and the '56 has the original 223 inline 6 with the 3 speed transmission. I'm not into racing the old stuff but I do want them to run and drive with reliability. And I prefer a manual choke like I already have in my pickups.

Last edited by cars2cool; 09-05-2021 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Add information
cars2cool is offline   Reply With Quote