View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 09:28 AM   #11
Jack Shaft
BANNED

Default Re: Banger Engine Build

Ill stipulate to the consideration of brakes and steering sir,you both have a point.An F100 steering box is a good investment and clearly the front end needs to be tight. Some feel hydraulic brakes are necessary,others prefer mechanical. which ever you choose proper installation and maintenance is key.Im running an F100 with mechanicals, woven shoes,cast iron drums with tight brake foundations on 16" wheels with modern radials,Ford adjustment method,no brake stick foolishness..neither braking system will be effective without increased traction afforded by modern radials of at least a 205 aspect ratio.

Pete is right about the addiction factor of hotrodding,its real. I limit myself to the four cylinder ford L head engine of '28 to '34,especially the flathead part wander down the OHV road and that 8 to 10k investment becomes 15k..a funny story,helped a guy final tune his B engine Miller Serr OHV with all the goodies,weber/cast manifold,FSI ignition full pressure engine..we got it running real nice (those serr/cragars love advance) and I turned to him and said 'damn,that thing is just like a Pinto engine'...his face fell to the ground..

Petes right about a nice chair too..06 Jeep Wrangler (TJ) rear seat fits coupe bodies nice.

Last edited by Jack Shaft; 05-25-2020 at 09:42 AM.
Jack Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote