View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 11:30 AM   #63
pgerhardt

Default Re: Not showing our cars anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis4x4 View Post
There are many car shows in small communities that are held on Main Street. The Durango Old Car Club has a show on Fathers Day benefiting Hospice of Mercy. There is no way that spectators can be charged to view these cars. There for, in order to make expenses and have funds to donate to the designated charities, there is an entry fee. Because this show also encourages people to shop down town, merchants are very supportive and provide prizes and stuff for goodie bags. And, there are Model A's on display at this show.

If you don't want to pay a car show entry fee because you think your car is the star, fine. However there is another side to the issue that should be viewed with an open mind.
You sight a special activity that I would not define as a "car show" to refute my position . However even in that case funds could be raised for the charity by asking both spectators and merchants for donations in return for receipts for tax purposes. I fact, if that approach was applied to the car owners I am pretty sure most would donate even more than the usual $10 fee. I know I would.

Without a doubt our cars (NOT my car) are the "stars" of a car show, as without them nobody would show up.
pgerhardt is offline   Reply With Quote