View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #27
RandyMettler

Default Re: Both 94s sinked at 20kg/h at idle

Flatheadfever, in response to your help:
"We need to start all over from the beginning. I'm getting confused? Were going to do one or two things at a time."

Flatheadfever,
I have looked down the carbs with the motor off but only before starting and saw no fuel but I believe the throttle plates were closed. To open the throttle plates I need to push the linkage. When doing this I get fuel jetting out of the pump discharge nozzle. I could disconnect the linkage an do the test.

I am proud to say I have a Charlie NY mechanical fuel pump. I only use my in line electrical pump to prime before starting. I understand in vapor lock situations an electrical inline fuel pump can help in starting, but haven't tested that yet.

If the power valves are leaking they should always leak. I can pull the main body off the carbs throttle body and look for wet gas. I did that today on the secondary carb and the carbs throttle body was dry. I am contemplating plugging the power valves but have heard both sides of the story. I really would like factual information either way. Some guys swear by it others are against it. My thoughts are fuel starvation could happen at load conditions and cause excessive piston wall wear. On the other side the 94 are notorious for dumping excessive gas down the pistons. I understand the 94s have three separate fuel circuit. Maybe two is enough? I could not find Youtube information of this.

I always appreciate advice. If I am way off please let me know, but explain why.
RandyMettler is offline   Reply With Quote