Thread: Burtz engine
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 09:34 AM   #38
MrBruce

Default Re: Burtz engine

Terry is spot on, met him at Oshkosh. He is completely correct about the vendors not quality checking the parts we get when it comes to Model A parts. I spent over 26 years with Clevite Engine parts and every part WE manufactured and sent to the warehouse for packaging and sale, went though our inspection department (I say again, from our own plants it was inspected by our warehouse)! Case in point that's disgusting, I just bought a complete wiring harness ($100.00) for my 31 Model A pickup, there was a note that the black wafer that has the bullet divots in it was made to thick and that I was suppose to take a dremel and grind it down. This is exactly our problem, they should have been sent back (it can easily be unhooked) and new parts sent out to correct the problem! Another vendor has stopped selling AMP gauges as the quality was so poor and they felt it just wasn't fair to continue selling a product that was probably coming back? When Rich Fallucca produced the insert bearings for Model A's he took flack over that. What? All engines after the mid 30's had inserts, great for the Model A's and for the Hobby? We've lost a lot of our manufacturing to China, it's a shame and hopefully we have learned and can start getting it back. I commend Terry for his undying drive to get this done. Everyone should be doing a "happy dance" and commending TERRY -- just my thoughts sorry it's so long
MrBruce is offline   Reply With Quote