View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #75
revkev6

Default Re: Cyl Heads-Navarro vs Edelbrock or Offenhauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnieroadster View Post
Electric supercharger drives now that could work but if were talking top speeds at Bonneville the battery's needed for the long pull might be a bit more weight that will cancel out the possible speed gains. Being heavy trying to accelerate the weight can be a big handicap with most valve in block designs. Now on the thoughts of turbos. The major concern on the Flathead will be the valve seat cracking caused by the excessive heat backing up trying to spool up the turbo and the inlet charge crossing the seat to the cylinder edge. Take it from me its not that simple keeping the block relief area crack free I figured out how to do it this only took me five blocks to figure it out. But now at over 190 and now 200 MPH blown on gas my Ford Flathead blocks do not crack. Try getting a block to survive in that relief area is what you need to figure out first before you go to the next step. Oh and just to let you know my blocks are not filled in any way they all still have the original Ford water jackets as well as the original intake exhaust port layout. Good luck with the ideas hope you all have plenty of blocks to experiment with your going to need them. I look forward to seeing if it can be done with reliability that being no cracks.
Ronnieroadster
Ronnie, I was thinking of robbing a motor from a Prius which gives about 60-70 hp. and batteries from a leaf or another electric car. It would take some serious engineering work but making a controller that maintains a specific level of boost when you are on the gas would be possible. Not sure what psi you run but I think the Prius motor would pull 10psi minimum. Which means you gain that power back at the crank. Nissan leaf motors are 110hp if you run more than 10psi...
revkev6 is offline   Reply With Quote