View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #63
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Cyl Heads-Navarro vs Edelbrock or Offenhauser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOSFAST View Post
Funny how this post took on a life of it's own and went way off target (quality of certain heads)??

Anyway, to reply strictly to the quote above here, these numbers, 155 HP/265 TQ are indicative of what we almost always find on our basic 292" build, 3.312" x 4.250", Ross pistons/metric rings, Isky "8800", and single small 4 brl carb! Tri-power's see just a bit more!

There is NO porting, NO oversize valves, and NO hidden little "secrets", just some old-fashioned type excellent machine work! This is basically the identical build to my friend Ron's ride in my signature below here! Going above 40,000 trouble-free miles now coming up on 9 years!

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. Haven't heard back from Joe yet with any input from H&H, expecting to hear soon though. On an added note, knowing what we've learned through the years here about the power available from Turbo's this is what I'd be researching/testing if I were "chasing" Flathead HP. The sole issue with blowers is they consume some HP to run themselves. Not so with turbo's, have never done one though as far as I know. Sometimes after we do all the machining for some customers they walk out with their pieces and I don't hear anymore! There may have been a Turbo or two installed, just not aware.
Gary:

Well, the turbo secret is out with junk yard LS motors getting 800+ or more h.p. with either one massive turbo or dual units.

I think what is holding back most guys from going the turbo route is looks on a flathead powered hot rod.

If I had a lead sled, I would serious consider it since you can hide the units in the engine bay.

Might look a little out of place on an old roadster with two spools hanging over the frame rails. LOL!
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote