Thread: PS idler arm
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 05:02 AM   #18
KULTULZ

Post Re: PS idler arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1930artdeco View Post

Here is the bracket and large bushing that I knocked out. No bearings in it-just lots of rubber.
I have no idea what that is that you have taken off. If it was my car, I would look for a correct NOS OEM part. The idler arm was basically the same from 1954 to 1960. The PN is B4A 3352-B. There is no way to maintain correct toe with whatever that is.

Quote:
I do have a relatively early early car-I think. It is numbered 156915 from Norfolk. From what I have read you drop the ‘1’ so that would mean it is #56915.

Mike
Quote:
Consecutive Unit Numbers begin at 100001 for Ford cars, 400001 for Lincoln cars, 500001 for Mercury cars, and 700001 for Edsel cars at each assembly plant (where those cars were produced). This number represents the scheduled sequence order. When a car was ordered, it was immediately assigned a VIN with a Consecutive Unit Number. It was then assigned a scheduled production date based on availability of trim, parts, other components, and taking into account downtime and production workloads at the assembly plant.

A scheduled production date was very often out of sequence with the Consecutive Unit Number. And more often than not, the actual production date (the day the car rolled off the line) was earlier or later than what was originally planned.

Therefore, a Thunderbird with a Consecutive Unit Number of 105678 may have actually been produced and ready for shipping before a Thunderbird with a Consecutive Unit Number of 105432. The Consecutive Unit Number should be considered to be a unique identification that shows when the order was received and when it was planned for production.
SOURCE - https://forums.aaca.org/topic/120694...-plate-decode/

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote