View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #15
1948F-1Pickup

Default Re: Installation of IFS in a 1950 F1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucar View Post
We are in the process of finishing up the installation of a disk brake, rack pinion IFS on a '37 pickup utilizing an assesembly made by TCI (Total Cost Involved 800 984-0884)
The system is engineered for the '37, did not require cutting the frame, however, we did box the frame back to the front of the rear spring perch, to allow for the added stress a larger engine and auto trans could produce.
We also utilized a parabolic rear spring set up made by TCI for the rear end.
The whole set up. including 11" disk brakes, a power rack and sway bars, shocks, was $3,500. including tax and shipping.
I am a firm believer in the old adage, 'if you can't find the time to do the project right the first time, when are going to find the time to redo it'.
"I am a firm believer in the old adage, 'if you can't find the time to do the project right the first time, when are going to find the time to redo it"

Funny you should say that. I was in that same industry for about 4 years as a General Manager. Nobody wanted to fix the TCI stuff to make it work right. It was easier to remove and start over. I haven't "poked and prodded" the particular kit you're talking about though..... maybe it bucks the trend of most of their stuff.
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote