View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 01:35 PM   #39
Vintage Copper 47

Default Re: Deleted-Lost topic thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucar View Post
it could be that the deletion of the thread started by "vintage copper 47" was due to my response to "walt's" question about how to add a at column to an old ford, and the pix' i attached showing a tilt column and a aftermarket banjo wheel in my '39. The second pix showed the interior of my '36 ford with a chrome dash and a column gear shift on the left side of the column.
As the old car hobby has evolved in the last ten to twenty years, a new phraseology has emerged to describe cars like my '39 convertible, "resto-mod".. This terminology is generally used to describe vehicles that still retain their original look, but have improved mechanical components for reliability and safety.
In the case of my '36 ford, yes, almost every mechanical part in the car is '40-48 ford which have all been bolt-in applications. The only welding ever done to the chassis is to simulate the rivets that attached the '40 steering gear mount to the frame.
I wonder, just how many '36 ford 5 win cp's exist today that still have all of their original glass, upholstery, accessories, etc., and have only been repainted the original color once?
I would venture the guess that if all of the questions related to modifications to an early ford were eliminated from the barn, the contributions/questions would be cut at least in half.
yup!

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

"Old enough for the experience & too young to know better"
Vintage Copper 47 is offline   Reply With Quote