View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 08:34 PM   #22
MALAK

Default Re: Tremec T170 Transmission Troubles (this issue may be a puzzle)

I've currently got 2 of these transmission on the bench, being built for Model A's. Refer to pics --- there is only 1 washer even close to the size of the one pictured. It's an "E" clip for the Reverse Rocker. The reverse rocker is located in the top of the trans and provides the spring pressure, you must overcome, to put it in reverse. All the other washers are either, large, strong spring clips for the bearings or are captive on their shafts, so unlikely it's any of them. Or possibly at some point the cover was off and a bolt washer was accidentally dropped in there. There is a large, weak, magnet at the bottom of the trans. Looking from the bottom it's in the bulge near the front of the trans and held in by a one-way spring clip.

For those that said the gears look like they have dents or chips, they look perfectly normal to me. Look at the gears in my trans. They ALL have machine makes that look like chips but they are machined on every tooth, all the way around. They all have them. I don't know why but they do.

Without giving away any details this trans is the "Goldilocks Ratio" that was said could not be built. I'm working on writing-up the details of how I accomplished this but I've built 2 of these with the 3.09 first and 27.0% O.D.

Tom
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Washers.jpg (28.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg ReverseRocker.jpg (22.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg TransGears.jpg (176.1 KB, 90 views)
MALAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)