Thread: 1949 F2 Pickup
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 07:40 PM   #32
peewee2you

Default Re: 1949 F2 Pickup

I had a 51 F2 and enjoyed the heck out of it. I don't exactly know what rear end it had in it, but it was stock, and I changed it over to a 302 c4 auto, and it flew down the road like a rocket, 75-80 easily no wind no howl, smooth!!! If the price is right they are scarce and I liked the longer bed look. It's all a matter of preference, I never owned anything just because it was more popular or I'd get more money in the long run. Because most of us by the time you buy it, work on it, enjoy it, then decide to sell it you'll never get truly your money back, because if you really are looking at from a monetary point of view, you'd don't factor in your labor, you only think you made a profit. When I did decide to sell a vehicle I owned I would tell my ol man/pop, I made this much money and he said you didn't make squat, I seen you work on that car for days, weeks, months and your time is worth something. I told him I can't look at it like that, because that would take all the fun out of it. He would say it don't work like that....
peewee2you is offline   Reply With Quote