View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #13
Ggmac

Default Re: Std bore 21 stud I've been stepping over 26 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyodyne View Post
I bought a few for $25 each. The round coil 36 type is worth a few more.

Look real closely at the bore and deck just in case. I took the engine in my 36 apart and thought it was a std. bore. Turned out it had been resleeved to std. by a rebuilder.

As shown above, std size pistons and rings are plentiful on ebay, very few folks can use them.
This came from an old shop I worked at when I was in my late teens . It came in for some work has a tag that said 34,000 miles . I've had it ever since . The orig owner passed while the shop had the engine . Flat heads were just scrap to them in the mid /late 70s so I offered to haul it for working a half day Saturday . I've had it since , just never tore into it . Too many things were interesting enough to continue its tear down and possible rebuild . I'm no expert on these , but am pretty sure it's been orig miles that was on the repair tag .
Still anything is possible , it could have been resleeved . The heads are a definate replacement and they had a good amount of equally deposited carbon and the same color . All good signs . I did have a cam and alum heads that the orig owner had with it ( to be installed ) my boss kept them .
Thanks all , any info will be appreciated greatly , Gary MacDonald
Ggmac is offline   Reply With Quote