View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #6
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Help attaching a photo to a private message.

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40larry View Post
How do I attach a photo to a private message I am sending?
Thanks..........40larry
Hey Larry..... MANY of these guys haven't taken the time to play-around with the FordBarn and discover just how EASY it is to post pictures here, including in PMs. This PM to you should show that PM pictures is entirely possible, and becomes very easy to do once you do it a few times. The only thing to remember for posting pics in a PM is that the image MUST already be posted SOMEWHERE on the internet, in the form of a "URL". Once you decide on a picture (which is ALREADY posted on the WWW) to send, look up at the very top of the PM window in which you are typing your message. You will see a SQUARE, YELLOW icon with MOUNTAINS in it....( ). You will use that icon to post your picture. Go to the picture you wish to include in your PM. Using your mouse, put your cursor on the image. RIGHT CLICK! A window drops-down. If you're using any of the latest browsers, you should see a line something like: "Copy Image LINK". LEFT CLICK on that line. Now, that image ("URL") is stored (I like to call it) in the MOUSE. Now, referring back to your PM-in-progress, LEFT CLICK on that SQUARE, YELLOW icon up above with the mountains in it. A small window opens-up. Place your cursor on the completely BLANK space that appears in that window, RIGHT CLICK, and a window drops-down. LEFT CLICK on "PASTE". LEFT CLICK on "OK". And there is your picture.

If you want to post a picture saved from your personal computer, you must first post that picture somewhere on the internet. When you do that, that picture becomes a specifically-coded "URL". Just like above, you can now post that URL in a PM. So , just WHERE can you post your personal picture on the internet? Well, there are a whole bunch of image-hosting sites all over the WWW for that purpose. But, you can also post that picture in your personal ALBUM right here on the FordBarn. Ryan graciously affords each of us the opportunity to utilize an album, or two, or three.....! Anyway, once your pic is posted on your album, IT IS POSTED ON THE INTERNET! Now, just follow the procedure above to copy and paste the URL of those pictures from your personal album, to a PM in progress.

I will send you a PM, including the picture of Lumpy's '40 convertible which can easily be found on the internet, plus a personal airplane picture from "MY PICTURES" on my computer which I uploaded to my FordBarn album just for you. Once you complete the "copy and paste" procedure above a few times, it becomes second nature. It sounds complicated, but in reality, I can usually copy and paste each individual "URL" into a PM in four or five seconds. Easy-peasy! Any more questions....just ask! See my PM to you! DD

PS....Does anyone know what type of airplane this is pictured below?

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 12-05-2020 at 02:36 PM.
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote