Thread: Seafoam
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #7
woofa.express

Default Re: Seafoam

below is part of what was posted by Brent 10 uh c today; (posting number 5) supporting his recommendation to make a purchase from a small airport

Once you have it cleaned, find a small municipal airport where you can purchase some 100LL fuel for your boat in a jug, and then install that into your truck's fuel tank away from the airport. The AV gas does not sour or taint like ethanol fuels do, so this should keep the passageways open during stowage. Around here, we are paying about $5.30 a gallon for the AV gas, but it is a much better solution IMO.[/QUOTE]

Boat owners believed avgas improved the performance of the engines in their boats and came to me to buy. I always obliged even though I had my doubts about this extra performance.
Once when I was working in the desert I took a truck to Kalgoorlie with a load of recently decanted avgas drums to refill. I had to do this from the airside and although I had airside approval I found the fuel company operators most reluctant to sell because they didn’t know the history of the 44gal drums. Blind Freddy could see they were pristine and painted appropriately plus my airside pass and pilot licence didn’t mean much at all to them. They took much convincing but did sell it reluctantly to me and told me not to come again.
To buy fully approved fuel from the oil company in new fully approved new drums was an additional 593 miles west.
Just another example of initiative and imagination being removed from those working in many industries. Probably directed by university trained executives who had never ever walked in the dust.

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote