View Single Post
Old 03-12-2020, 08:27 AM   #4
RobR'35

Default Re: Condenser Miss -Sort Of

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I had a run issue a few years back that drove me crazy like how your issue was to you.
A few months it took on and off till finally I figured it out.
Distributor on/off, making all contacts clean, carburetor check, fuel pump check ect.............
Then on day for a ride on a back road it flooded out of the blue. Now how in the world I thought!
Pull out the tool box, check the float on the side of the road. Stromberg 97. 90°, humid, between farm fields not a speck of shade for a ways away.
Leaving the top off the 97, checking/adjusting the float, ignition switch off and turn her over. Still it flooded!
Well I thought, I'll pull and check the needle and seat.
Gross jet, and there it was!!
I had gas rated hose with a tee and a pressure gauge between the pump and carburetor.
Fine shavings of rubber were caught between the steel balls and seat of the gross jet. With a small piece of wire and blowing through it, with sweat pouring off I was able to clean it out.
Install it, check the float before putting the top back on. All good. Top back on, linkage hooked up.
Once I fired her up and went it had way more power and has never given me a problem since.
Oh..... once home I put the original style steel line back on.
RobR'35 is online now   Reply With Quote