View Single Post
Old 03-21-2021, 04:37 PM   #1
Jim Brierley

Default The new Burtz Mosel A engine

Yesterday I was pleased to be invited to a seminar on Terry's new engine. I didn't take a head count but there must have been about 25-30 guys there. It was hosted by Richard Parrish in Anaheim, CA. I was asked to talk about and compare the A and the B engines, Richard had one of each on display. I wish Richard had shown the new engine earlier, although it was a better build-up saving it for last. Showing it earlier would have lead me to talk about how improved the new engine is compared the originals. The crank is a thing of beauty, and the 5 mains and larger bearings will add to the engines in several ways, the rigidity stabilizes it, and making it more rigid saves on bearing wear by eliminating flexing, which also helps the rear flange, a problem when racing these engines. I'll need to study how a filter is utilized, I believe in filters, and will want to put one on my new engine. The rods look to be much stronger than stockers, but I have never had a problem with stock rods, it is good to know that they are forged. I'll probably run a V8 oil pump but the new engine will likely not leak as much oil internally as a stock engine, so the stock pump will probably be enough? The new engine also is set up for 5 cam bearings, but an original 3-bearing cam cam also be used. It was a great day indeed!!!

I started this as a new thread because the older one is 7 pages long, and had gotten a bit diversified.
Jim Brierley is offline   Reply With Quote