View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Keith True

Default Re: Where to list a Model A for sale?

I've been doing some work for an elderly fellow that has been a collector all his life.He's down to three or four now,and he only uses Hemmings.He has every Hemmings printed.The first one looks like a Xeroxed newspaper.I think he said it was 1954.He does not own a computer,and if you write him a letter concerning one of his cars,he will write you one back.He gets his price for all of his cars.He is no longer mobile,hasn't driven in a few years,and is clearing out the last of his cars.He recruits one of us younger fellows to kill the alarms,unlock the door,take the cars out,and then turn them loose to check them out.If the buyer wants it,he can sit down and sell it to them,but there will be no haggling.He's just no longer up to it.Four or five went to all parts of the country last year,so he must be doing something right.His specialty was original,unrestored,never repainted,never re-upholstered low mile cars.Being firm on price with no option to haggle weeds out the deadbeats,bargain hunters,and time wasters.His cars speak for themselves,and I don't believe I showed one that didn't get bought right up.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote