View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 09:05 AM   #2
big job

Default Re: Mod a water neck for gage

How many I did was, 'too many' OK first you need a mechanical gauge they all come with fittings. Don't buy these that have high numbers buy the gauge with '0' '180' and '212'
gauges they now make are hard to read cause todays vehicles run hotter. Forget electric
nobody makes 6vt gauges they may exist I never seen one. Next, the adaptor is pipe
thread 'NPT"- next the proper drill and tap. The proper place is about 3/4" toward the
rear of the block like where the starter is. The Rule is you have one chance ! Or
although you may drill and tap the goose neck so if you make mistake can always braze
it up and do it again. With that said, buy the gauge and bring the adaptor to the hardware store they will match the tread and the drill and tap practice on scrap first.
I can not give you the tread size because the kit comes with a few adapters. Plenty of
good ole Stewart Warner gauges on ebay too. And then tractor supple has nice gauge
for 1939 to 1952 and up Ford tractor gauges no numbers but green band in the middle
and red for hot pretty cheap got one on my dump truck and the needle anywhere in the
green band is normal
big job is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)