View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 10:25 PM   #19
VeryTangled

Default Re: Shop ruined my '48 radiator tanks

Not sure if radiators or education are the subject here. Among other jobs, for almost twenty years I've taught the most basic classes at a community college auto shop, AT-101. Each passing year the college treats us more and more as a boat anchor. Thank goodness we have a few strong supporters in the administration. Our staff is expensive, our facility goes through gobs of materials, spends on updating and repairing equipment, and database subscriptions. It's just a heck of a lot cheaper to be involved with many other disciplines.

The same building as the auto shop has: HVAC labs, welding, construction, digital fab lab, computer repair, apartment maintenance, and related "workforce development" trades being taught.

Because it's the DC area, and one of the most affluent counties in the nation, within ten miles of the college are two dozen dealerships for every imaginable make and a few hundred other auto related shops.

In my experience we don't see a lot of students that are really going to make it a career. Higher education is like that a lot of times.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote