Thread: Mothballs
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 03:50 PM   #8
wrndln

Default Re: Mothballs

I had mice make a nest out of Bounce dryer sheets many years ago when I tried using dryer sheets. These were the kind with the "perfume" on them that are suppose to work to repel rodents, so forget dryer sheets unless you want nests made from them. What I do now is take a store bought pie pan with a clear plastic cover and drill 12 to 15 1/4" holes (doesn't matter how many) in the plastic cover and put 10 or 12 (again it doesn't make a difference of how many you you put in the aluminum pie pan) and snap the cover back on. You can barely smell the moth balls but rodents have much, much better nose function than people and don't like the small. On top of that, the moth balls last a couple years instead of disappearing in a month or two when left out in the open. I have never noticed any rodent damage in 10 to 12 years I have been doing this. In addition the beauty of this technique is when you remove the pie pan, the moth ball smell disappears quickly and since the moth balls are not laying on parts of the vehicle, the smell doesn't permeate anything it is laying on, like fabric. See pictures below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moth balls for rodent repellant 1.jpg (78.0 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg Moth balls for rodent repellant 2.jpg (64.2 KB, 37 views)
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote