View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 05:02 PM   #18
mercman from oz

Default Re: Stolen Car/ Trailer Alert-Albuquerque

I just got this update from a friend in Albuquerque:-

The Model T speedster stolen in Albuquerque has been recovered and is awaiting its trip home to California. It was spotted by swap meet vendor Bruce Hartman early this morning as he was driving on Bobby Foster Rd. He notified the Albuquerque Police and Bernalillo County Sheriff. The car is now safe and undamaged. The trailer is still missing. It is great how the car community responded and watched for the car. Thank you to all who kept a lookout. Good show, troops! Joyce

I got a call from the police department about 7:30 this morning that the speedster was located. I was on the call list to pick up the car and/or trailer to avoid impounding charges. I hooked up my trailer and drove south of Albuquerque on I-25. The car was abandoned in an arroyo east of the Interstate just south of Rio Bravo and I-25. The officer took my identification and gave me the keys which were left with the car. It was in deep sand and hard to get my trailer lined up so I tried to start it. It started up just fine, oil pressure OK. I should have just drove it to a good spot to line the trailer but decided to turn it around and drive on the trailer. As luck would have it it died crossways in the sand and the battery did not have enough juice to turn it over. Since it has no crank I had to tow it a bit to line up with the trailer. Anyway, got it on the trailer and back to my house by 10 AM. There is no visible damage to the car. Don and Nancy Housman are really happy. Kirk
mercman from oz is offline   Reply With Quote