View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 02:00 AM   #10
coupe1942

Default Re: Stolen Car/ Trailer Alert-Albuquerque

I'm sort of laughing at the posted photo. Ir reminds me of when I had to take my wife to the local Sheriff's office in Wichita Falls, Tx. to get her fingerprints made for her Oklahoma nursing license for when we moved. The earlier times in our nation as to justice were much, much different than today, I suspect.

I was killing time in the hallway and just looking about all the plaques and newspaper clippings posted on the walls there. They had one posting that told the story of various old time sheriffs in Texas who had been killed by bandits. I believe it was in the early 20-30's when a local sherif was killed as he rode out looking for a horse thief and was ambushed in a field pasture. The other officers went out afterwards and located the fellow and then dragged him naked through the city streets behind their horses. There they hung him without a trial and did a whole lot of other things to his corpse. Texas justice was swift and resolute back then. I wish i could have copied the news article. I don't recall the name of the sheriff. Unlike the staged photo posted here, that was a reality of those times.

Hope you have luck in recovery of your property.
coupe1942 is offline   Reply With Quote