Thread: 4 post lift
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 11:41 PM   #75
Model A Ron

Default Re: 4 post lift

I have a heavy duty 9000 Backyard Buddy and love it. Also got the extended height as I am 6'3'' and wanted to be comfortable when working on my cars. Four post lifts are much safer in my opinion and they can double as car storage freeing up a spot in your shop. Sure it is a bit more work to use the rolling jack stand when you need to get the wheels in the air but I am not working on cars for a living and the added safety is well worth it. Be very careful when looking for lifts as many have cheep China Steel and are nothing but junk. Not saying you need to get a Backyard Buddy but after much research I decided to go with quality and more importantly keeping myself safe......Being made in the USA was also important as I support American jobs. Trust me China steel is not good. The metallurgy is a nightmare, the Chemistry is not controlled under ASTM Standards, and the strength is unpredictable due to both. Do yourself a favor and watch the videos on backyard buddy and the competition and I am sure you will make the right choice.

By the way when my backyard buddy arrived I could not believe how thick the steel was. I am a big man and I struggled just to get the thing off my trailer with a cherry picker and 2 friends. You will need friends as assembly is required.

Hope this helps

Ron

Last edited by Model A Ron; 03-02-2021 at 11:51 PM. Reason: typo
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote