Thread: 4 post lift
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 11:15 PM   #74
Licensed to kill

Default Re: 4 post lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stford View Post
I just went through all this. It only took me 8 months to make a choice. I looked at most brands, talked to everyone that sold them within 250 miles and even paid a small REshipping fee to send the lift back after I decided to buy a different one.
I have a bendpak 2 post 10,000 LBS and a bendpak 4 post HD-7W. The bendpak, for me, seemed to be the best overall value. It’s not the most expensive lift out there but not the cheapest either. For me and my life I’m not trying to save every dollar I can on something I’m standing under that’s holding 4,000 to 5,000 lbs. I read many articles and reached out to many folks in this site.

One thing you will find is that there are a couple of manufactures that make most lifts and rebrand them. Most all are made in China except for backyard buddy, that I know of. Back yard buddy was super nice but also came with a price tag.

On a 4 post lift you can expect to pay 1800-2000 on the low end, 3500-4000 mid range and 4800+ for the back yard buddy stuff.
Looks like the same 2 post i have. Bend pac, 10,000 lb, asymmetrical low profile. When I set mine up I went with the wide stance thinking about door clearance then found that the front arms BARELY reach the frame on a model A. Have to be dead centre between the posts.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote