View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 08:08 AM   #17
fundytides

Default Re: help with Model A market values

My perspective is that most of the real "old car guys" are collectors, not investors and are motivated by attraction to a particular vehicle and the satisfaction that comes from rebuilding/restoring a car that they are drawn to so that it can be made into a reliable driver or a show car. Speaking from my own experience, cost of rebuilding/restoring an antique car is limited by my budget and my attraction to the particular car, not by what will be it's market value when I am done. I am currently finishing a 31 A roadster, as a driver, that I bought and drove in my university days. When I am done, I will probably have more in the car than what I can buy a similarly refurbished car for (not counting many hours of blood sweat and tears) but it will be my car with my history. I also have a 1951 Standard Vanguard that was sold new by my father's dealership in 51. The money that I spend or have spent on this car will never be recovered as the value/desirability of this car, in this market is very low. However, to me the car is priceless. Other vehicles that I have, were acquired for similar reasons and give me great satisfaction. Just my two cents worth!
fundytides is offline   Reply With Quote