View Single Post
Old 03-30-2021, 07:17 AM   #14
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: help with Model A market values

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchero50 View Post
The market is a mess thanks to the hot rod crowd. You can't price a vehicle fairly that needs restored because it'll get gobbled up by them or the rat rod guys for it's patina. Fully restored cars are worth 80-90% of the cost of restoration if they started out as decent drivers.

It's a real bummer...
The market is not really a mess IMHO. I can make a great a argument that it is 'Restorers' that have brought this amongst themselves. Frugality and a 'half-ass' approach to restoration by many has caused the "restored" cars to be known as unreliable and undesirable. Financial expectations are unrealistic for many hobbyists.

Your second comment makes me just shake my head. The mentality that something must be worth more than what someone spent on it is absurd, ...especially in this hobby. If you go to a restaurant for dinner this evening, I guarantee within 24 hours your meal will not be worth what you paid for it. Matter of fact, go to WalMart or any big box store for that matter. Purchase any product on their shelves and use it once or twice, -and generally speaking, it will not be worth what you gave for it! So given those two examples, why is there a mindset to not spend more than it is worth? . THIS in a nutshell is what has killed this hobby.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote