View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 10:13 AM   #5
Ryan
Administrator

Default Re: I am leaving Fordbarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Plucker View Post
For four (4) years now I have been trying to update my posting of Model A/AA Ford Websites...Can YOU add to the list?" and have been unable to do so...Last time was January 2017.

This listing took me one hell of a lot of time and research to help you as restorers

Have complained about it a few times to the management but nothing happens....all I get is that the management is working on it...for four (4) years???? Give me a break!

Over a fourth of the listings are now no longer!

I give up...I will be elsewhere.

You know how to reach me at [email protected]

Happy Model A'ing.

Steve Plucker
Humm... Something isn't adding up here. A couple of things:

1. The edit functionality has been turned off since September 16, 2020. Before that date, it was turned on and working for the previous two years or so at least...

2. I have zero emails or private messages from you.

In any case, I can tell you this:

The edit functionality was turned off due to a database error that went down in early September. Part of the way we make sure we don't lose any content is to compare the database date to date. If something changes, we know we have an issue. If people are allowed to edit their posts, it sounds the alarm and causes us trouble.

We have about 14 days left of monitoring the database before we can call it healthy. After that date, editing will be turned back on in the same way it was prior.

Hate to see ya go... All I'm trying to do is secure our data... And that's not something I can compromise on. But, I do apologize if I've cause you any grief.