View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 05:07 AM   #2
A bones

Default Re: Forum Software Change and more

We have had the best of everything in our day.
As kids, in and out the house roam where ever. Be back at mealtime.
Neighbors were watching, not as snoops but the TV hadn't captured everyone. Away at work moms were the exception. Never heard tell of 'daycare'
In rural settings ( my experience included both farm and field, then later an urban neighborhood) we understood the responsibility of looking out for one another's safety.
Although we were always seeking something to wow at, it was just derring-do and fun.

Work came early to me, grade 8. By grade 10 two jobs were mine one full time the second part time. It was all about paying the rent and buying the groceries

But the big picture of our civilization tells me that to look back a hundred years from our start ( mid 1800's) and all the centuries before, we find that life was a lot less pleasure and lot more toil.

The only thing constant is CHANGE.

Please excuse me for my rant, I have discomfort about the way things are working out. I can never forget that we had it great. Most amazing to me in my life as a young adult, was be in the right place at the right time and you could own a car for free, or never more than a hundred bucks for a cream-puff. What a time we've had. No amount of words could get the young'uns to to grasp the security, and ease (ya ya I know plenty about hard-knocks and let-downs) of our ( old farts) lives.

Sorry to go on so, but this is real.
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)