View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #15
P.S.

Default Re: 60 miles per hour all day long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin in NJ View Post
Marco Tahtaras, who no long posts, has his roadster built back to factory. He will drive it anywhere at highway speeds. I believe he even has done a hill climb. This on a car that is only ever a couple of points from perfect JS correct. I know he has nothing special in the engine, though I believe he has a B cam and the original higher compression head.

A few years ago, I had the pleasure of extensively photographing, and riding in Marco Tahtaras' roadster. Here's a video of a short part of the ride- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMOeS9mGjsg

What Kevin and Brent have told you is true- Marco's Model A roadster is built as exact to factory specs as one could possibly do, using all original parts (right down to the tooling marks on the frame). I can also tell you first hand, that car is fully capable of going 60 MPH. The steering, braking, and smoothness of Marco's roadster set the bar very high for restorers. Almost none ever achieve the fit and feel of an original Model A, let alone the tightness and performance of Marco's roadster.

I own an unrestored Model A fordor, and can tell you that it is also capable of 60 MPH all day. I won't do it, just because it is a preservation car, but it could if the zombie apocalypse happened and we needed it for a getaway car.
P.S. is offline   Reply With Quote