Thread: Loud Exhaust
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Loud Exhaust

When I got my car about month ago, it was leaking there as well. Upon inspection, I found that the tailpipe clamp was positioned on TOP of the lower frame rail and this put the angle of the flange off so it didn't meet the manifold square. I moved the clamp to the bottom of the lower frame rail and the flange mated perfectly with the manifold, no more leak there. I had a broken intake manifold and the #4 exhaust port wouldn't seal to the block so I purchased a set of manifolds from "Bert's". When installing the new manifolds I found that the flange on the pipe no longer mated to the manifold correctly. I moved the tail pipe clamp back to being on top of the lower frame rail and it mated up perfectly. How I actually did it was to undo the tail pile clamp completely and have my wife hold the muffler/pipe assembly up and had her hold it in a position where the manifold to pipe clamp went on without resistance to ensure a perfect seal, than after tightening that clamp, then went back and positioned the tail pipe clamp to hold up the pipe. Perfect seal.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote