View Single Post
Old 05-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #1
crazycasey

Default You Tube Roadster Body Rebuild Series; from the Subrails Up!

***After some mixed feedback and a poor thread rating, I decided to change the “clickbait” title that I had originally used on this post.***

My name is Casey James Hudson, though I go by Reverend Casey James, and sometimes “Crazy Casey”, on the ole interwebs. I know that the Ford Barn is a bit of a mixed audience, and this car will be a hot rod, BUT I thought the body rebuilding aspects of the project might be of interest to some of you.

You see, I didn’t start with much, and I am using some reproduction panels instead of making things completely from scratch, but I think it’s still a fairly daunting project (the most daunting one that I have ever tackled, anyway). And I’ve never even been able to thoroughly inspect a really honest open car, so I’ve found myself relying on the Ford Barn a LOT during this build, looking for clues...In terms of the body, I’m trying to do work befitting of a restoration (though certainly not a “points” car).

Here is what I started with:

And, anyway, for the better part of a month, I’ve been making YouTube videos of the project. And so far they’ve been generating a pretty positive response. Listen, I know that some of you are going to cringe...there probably is just no avoiding that. I’m sure I’m making a TON of mistakes, so please feel free to critique me; I have no formal automotive training, and really don’t know what I’m doing half the time. But I DO feel like I’m “saving” one, here. And the reason I say that, is because I’m not exactly quick-draw-McGraw, and I don’t have a ton of cash, either, so the very fact that I was able to bring this one home probably meant that no one else was going to.

So, without further ado, here, friends, is the first video in my YouTube series on this roadster build:

https://youtu.be/6xkU5vMQ0qg

If you like the video, please subscribe to my YouTube channel. There have been three more videos that I have posted since this one, and I’m trying to keep up the pace of one new video per week. Also, feel free to leave constructive criticism in the comments, and if you feel my work is worthy, hit that “like” button too. These things will all help me expand my audience, which will keep the new content coming (even a 15 minute video takes about 3 hours to produce with all the editing, etc).

Thanks for Looking (and apologies for the “commercial”).

-Casey
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 62C26E76-B404-44E9-8537-DEC3ADE6E906.jpg (56.3 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by crazycasey; 06-08-2021 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Poor Forum Feedback
crazycasey is offline   Reply With Quote