Thread: Tow Companies
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #12
1928Mik

Default Re: Tow Companies

I agree with TerryH. I have used them for many years but recently I had my 1972 towed from my home to a restoration shop and they reiterated the tow was for 'emergencies' only and they would not tow it back home.Obviously I told them it was broke down. Since I knew the tow driver very well, we worked out a deal to get the car back. . He said a tow company a couple of years ago had abused the system and filled out fake towing bills for thousands of dollars which AAA reimbursed them for. When the abuse was found, there was a huge lawsuit and change of policies. He told me most people in emergencies now will use their insurance for the tow and not use AAA at all. He said best bet is to just pay for the tows as it would be cheaper than a yearly membership with AAA anyhow, and everyone has a cell phone, so they just look up towing companies and call directly IF they are on the road. So after a 38 yr membership, I was thinking of dropping them, but Ronn definitely has a good point in retaining membership..

-Life's Too Short To Drive Boring Cars-

Last edited by 1928Mik; 03-17-2020 at 09:49 AM.
1928Mik is offline   Reply With Quote