View Single Post
Old 06-05-2020, 12:05 PM   #54
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: 1940 merc rear end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
V8coopman
What amazes me even more about the "difference" discussed here between the Ford and Mercury of like year IS how "different" just about "everything" on them is......Like floorboard seals, transmission cover seals, etc etc. you would think that in both an effort to get the Mercury introduced and on the market AND to save "some" money that little details like the above mentioned would be carry-over's from what was already in the parts bins but NOPE!!!!

Hey rock …...Even though it's YOUR car we're using as a guinea pig here, it's encouraging to see that you seem to have something of the same curiosities, as well as some surprise at Ford Mtr. Co about just how they did these cars. I've always been somewhat infatuated with Henry's old Ford chassis and suspension bits and pieces, along with their usage, cross-usage, updating and progression of parts for subsequent models, and especially how hot rodders have adapted and made use of these parts for just short of a century now. Changes, or differences usually have reason for such, especially when a huge automobile manufacturer has a bottom line to keep happy. THAT's a good part of my continued interest in all of this, and I appreciate your help toward that end. DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote