Thread: New guy
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 01:02 PM   #7
drolston

Default Re: New guy

Most of the quirks are in the front suspension. The engine and radiator arrangement is common with '39 - '40. Most of the rest is common with '42 - '48.

Is yours the wide door "Sedan Coupe" (with back seat), or the far prettier (in my opinion) narrow door "Business Coupe" (with package tray)? Mine is the Business Coupe but has a Camero back seat for grand kids. Is yours the late-model-year with the added chrome mustache, or the far prettier (in my opinion) early model with out the extra trim?

I have tinkered with pretty much every piece and part of a '41 Coupe, so I will look out for your questions and problems.

#1 piece of advice is to replace all brake lines and hoses, and put Lincoln/MT self-energizing brakes on the front. Rebuild wheel cylinders if possible, versus replace.

#2 Replace all of the wiring harnesses, and when you do, get one designed for turn signals.

#3 Ride with a flashlight handy, because in a '41 you can not read the gauges except when they are in direct sunlight. I wish I had painted the stock red gauge needles white when I had the panel apart to replace the deteriorated markings on the glass.
drolston is offline   Reply With Quote