View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 03:27 PM   #19
Lawson Cox

Default Re: Hydraulic Brake Light Switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFB View Post
I was recently researching parts and came upon this negative product review for a hydraulic pressure switch for a brake system. It carries a very reputable name... ACDelco, but who knows if it's genuine or a knock off. Many parts are that way anymore.

Here's the part link
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-U855-...ustomerReviews

Since I'm in the process of overhauling a '39 setup on a '35, it got me thinking about this potentially weak link in the system. I know there's been countless discussions about single vs. dual systems, and the safety factor in redundancy. But this switch seems to me to be a big problem. They all seem to be made the same way, metal housing with a plastic insert that's then crimped over.

I've decided to try a '67 mustang MC setup which would be better if I used a pressure switch and had a failure I'd still have half a system, but I was wondering if anyone has used or knows of a conventional mechanical pedal switch setup that available? I don't know when Ford switched to that type switch but maybe that would be a better option. Thanks for any input.
Hey. If you are worried about a blow out on a brake switch, go back to original mechanical brakes on your 35. Give us a break man. I've been in this hobby for over 50 years and have NEVER had a brake light switch "blow out" as you seem to be worried about. Fail to work electrically, yes. Leak a little, yes. BLOWOUT, never, and have never even heard of one blowing out.

It is better to be seen, than viewed.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".
Lawson Cox is offline   Reply With Quote