View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #11
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Title Trouble ??

If anyone looks under "Search" above, there may be thousands of printed Forum "Title" replies, Forum printed "Title" answers, and Forum printed "Title" opinions, most of which are definitely "directly" related to your first very basic question, e.g.:

"Could this spell trouble?" My response. "Maybe!"

Next, in reading what was received by the buyer thus far,

1. We looked it over and found that it's really a '30 with 21 inch wheels on it; and,

2. We worked on it all afternoon to get it to run and there is a problem with the clutch/transmission. It was supposed to have been tuned up before the sale and had a rebuilt engine (neither was true.) Hmmmmmmmm?

3. The title is in the mail, (hmmmmmmmm, really?), so we don't know what the car actually is.

4. Will there be a problem getting an Ohio title for an Indiana car that isn't what it was advertised to be?" My response, "Maybe!"

Also, in my opinion, 1. and 2. above appears to spell trouble, and if these were inaccurate, why does 3. above, "Title in the Mail" sound like a possible problem solver, that is "if" it is in the mail.

As far as 4., prior to doing "anything", try waiting the above suggested few days for the "Title in the mail", and "if" it comes in, please report back on this Forum what it includes.

Finally:

A. Don't ever act quickly and try to jump to conclusions and please don't try to second guess just "any" Government employee at DMV; and,

B. Please be extremely careful and "ASSUME" absolutely nothing when trying to negotiate with just "any" Government employee at DMV ... many are wonderful, some appear to look for title problems for any vehicle.

C. Appears free and quick advice from anyone on how to obtain a difficult Model A title is very cheap and so plentiful ..... (LOL) ..... especially when this most adamant advice comes from someone who will not be the final potential owner of this problem Model A.

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 06-02-2017 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote