View Single Post
Old 01-20-2021, 07:30 PM   #53
Kilohertz

Default Re: PCV VALVE SYSTEM for 8BA with Early Intake Manifold

Thanks DD, great info, again.

I actually spent half the day doing research and looking and came up one which I have ordered and will be here tomorrow. It's threaded with a nice 1/8" NPT end which will thread right into the Offy manifold right under the carb, and 3/8" hose barb. There are 2 factory ports there, the other I will use for the manifold vacuum canister.

I found the one you mentioned for the chevy 283/327 but decided I wanted something for a smaller engine, mine is stock 239 (so far) and has about 17"Hg at idle. I'm hoping that will come up as the engine continues to run, and once I get to drive it a bit. The compression is quite low also at only 56-60 psi, again hoping driving it this summer will bring that back, if not, bore, Merc crank, shaved heads and start all over. For now I thought I would experiment with the PCV, I cal always change it if it doesn't work correctly.

The one I chose is a Fram FV311, looks like this. It's used for a variety of engines from 3.0 - 4.0 L, I thought it would be close.

I will drill/tap a hole in the road draft tube location for a corresponding right angle brass barb fitting like this.

This should make for a neat looking PCV setup.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers

Last edited by Kilohertz; 01-20-2021 at 07:37 PM.
Kilohertz is offline   Reply With Quote