View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #13
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Bring a Trailer Auction results 1928 Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37 Coupe View Post
. I didn't think it would go as high as it did,think it was close to $20,000 but the auctioneer added a 10% so I had to keep reminding myself of that and I dropped out of the bidding. I never understand a premium added especially when the auction is an onsite one not on auctioneers premises.I think sales tax was added also at 6 1/2% but may be wrong on that.

I keep saying this over & over but labor have become too expensive in this country. The amount of labor it takes to mobilize parts, cars, & items for an auction has become too expensive. Someone must pay to have it done. Most auction companies know their #1 job is to extract as much money as possible for their client (the Seller). If two auction companies appraise the contents of the estate and both a privately thinking they need 35% of the proceeds to have a successful sale, when they approach the Seller and one company says they will do it for 35% of the hammer price, --and the other says they will do it for 25% of the hammer price and will collect 10% from the Buyer, ...who do you think the Seller is going to sign with??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronn View Post
Pricey, maybe, but try and restore one for that today. wont happen.

Exactly, -and unfortunately it is Model-A hobbyists themselves who are the worst at "armchair appraising" what someone else's Model-A is worth on the market. Generally speaking they want to keep the market prices low, ….except when they want to sell their own Model-A.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote