Thread: C&g
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 09:45 PM   #15
51504bat

Default Re: C&g

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead Fever View Post
There is a spot on your CA tax forms for paying sells tax on stuff you buy out of state. I'm sure everybody here in CA on the Ford Barn is being honest and paying their tax on out of State purchases. I actually had a letter from the CA tax board sent to me me wanting to know if I was paying CA sales tax on the stuff I was buying on eBay. I was buying a lot, vintage hot rod photos and car parts. I sold just a few items. We went back and forth through the mail several times for months until I called in and explained that nothing I was buying on eBay was new or was something I could have bought in CA. They got a little nasty with me. They wanted me to pay income tax on the stuff I sold and sells tax on the stuff I bought. I said goo luck trying to collect it. That was the last I heard from them. What I want to know is who provided my eBay information to the CA tax board? It had to be either eBay or PayPal.

C&G is really good. I can order a part I need today for a project I'm working on and have it here tomorrow. They are my number one choice for ordering parts from. Almost all of the parts suppliers are great. When you order stuff just make sure they have the part in stock before you send them your money. One manufacturer of reproduction Early Ford Parts will take your money, then send you a letter saying its out of stock and refuse to return your money. Instead they give you store credit. If I do need one of this companies products I order it from one of their suppliers. I will never again deal directly with them. It happened to me several times.
I've always had good luck with the few items I've bought at C&G for my '39 p/u. Usually I'd pick the parts up on the way to or from San Diego to visit my son. He has since moved so now I'll have to have the parts shipped. That said, I wish that Joe's Antique Auto carried later year parts since he has been my go to guy for years.