View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #13
jm29henry

Default Re: Engine quit running help

GRutter I really appreciate your help and the help from everyone above , I do agree to trying to keep it simple know for worrying that is what I do best!!!
1. GRutter I try to go over the car so that I can try to avoid a roadside problem in the spring I did a good service and inspection and have not seen any evidence of a blown head gasket.
On Saturday night I went over the car checked oil ,radiator was at proper level and the anti freeze looks like new checked air ,etc.and all looked good .
I do realize I still could have another problem as it was quite rusty at the end of the distributor.I do love your approach stay calm and getting it running again and then see what I have

2. Bruce side cover is off the gear looks good and is turning.

3.Ryan I am hoping to remove the old shaft to day and install a new one with my backup distributor

4.Jack yes I have the side cover off and rotated the motor and gear looks good, you are probably right about retorquing the head, when I broke I was only about ten minutes from my home and I was with my brother we were going to the Edsel Ford estate For a fundraiser for,the Eyes of design and meeting up with a few guys from the East side A,s
I do appreciate all of the help from everyone above as I read this forum I do learn a lot and there is always something to be learned so that why I am trying to reply to everyone support
I will keep you posted on my update later today thanks again for all your help and support Joe
jm29henry is offline   Reply With Quote