View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 07:32 AM   #14
Mart

Default Re: Crusty Flatty Flat Out at Prescott Hill Climb. OMG will she blow? 33 coupe at GOW

Thanks for the replies fellas. This video nearly never happened. I was transferring the files from the sd card to the computer and something went wrong during the transfer. All the files got corrupted. Then in an attempt to recover them by running scripts picked up off the internet they disappeared completely. I downloaded some recovery software and tried it on one file, that was all you could do for free. It didn't work. I then found one that had good reviews and paid for it. That one worked and recovered all the files on the card, even those that were there before but had been "deleted".
I then started having problems with the editing software where the files were supposed to be, like, 14 minutes long, and were showing as 22 hours long with the rest being blank. The length of the files slowed everything to a standstill.
This took ages to sort out by various workarounds and updating softwares etc.

But it was all worth it in the end. The views on this one have been much higher than normal, over 1000 views in 24 hours. Personally it's one of my favourites. Something must have clicked with YouTube's algorithms, most of the views have been from browsing rather than links from forums.

Again, thanks for the support. It's not easy putting these videos together and sometimes it's a lot more difficult than normal, so a little thumbs up or words of encouragement go a long way.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote