Thread: '56 Meteor
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #9
scicala

Default Re: '56 Meteor

"Sal do you have any photos of what the linkage looked like and how Ford would have handled that weird setup on the 55 intake where the auto choke was mounted on the intake itself? Some of the older guys I know wanted me to convert their 55's to a manual choke but the only thing I could ever find for a teapot manual choke was to simply use an aftermarket kit that set up the arm through the original thermal cap... Any ideas?"

Reverend, unfortunately Holley never made a teapot carb for a passenger car with a manual choke, and all that is available are the hokey aftermarket manual kits like you described. I guess it's possible to do, but the choke lever on the carb is so short it makes pulling the choke cable very sensitive. Extending the lever somehow would work I guess. I will try to post a picture of the factory manifold choke set up used in '55.

If it were mine I would repair the corroded heat tube in the intake and rebuild the choke assembly on the side of the intake manifold to make it work as original.

Sal
scicala is offline   Reply With Quote