View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 11:22 AM   #24
Licensed to kill

Default Re: When is a "Model A" no longer a "Model A"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Brierley View Post
Licensed to kill, so what do you call that pickup that is your icon? Doesn't look stock to me!
That's great question, more so than you might think. Here is why. I call it a "1931 Model A pick-up" and that is what it is registered as. However, the only part of that truck that is genuine "1931 model a pick-up" is the back of the cab. The cowl, doors and hood are from another model A, the roof is filled, the box is a short version repop, the front fenders and splash pans are new steel, rear fenders 'glass and the grill is an original '30 grill. It's on a TCI chassis with a 4" drop axle, disc brakes up front, 8" ford rear with drums in back. SBC 350/350. While it LOOKS more stock than Jack Shafts roadster, I'm pretty sure his roadster is more original "model A roadster" than my truck is "original model A pick-up". However, IMO, once you add something that was NOT available at the time of manufacture, IE 12V electrical, it is no longer stock and is no different than my pick-up in that regard. Like being pregnant, there is "pregnant" since last night, and then there is third trimester pregnant. On his more obvious than the other but both are just as pregnant. Again, JMO
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote