Thread: fordamatic
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2015, 08:31 AM   #40
jailbar Joe

Send a message via AIM to jailbar Joe
Unhappy Re: fordamatic

hi guys back again with some good news and some not so good news

this is where I left off with the tranny just removed..yuck....so far good...

and here is the same beast all fixed up and looking good with a coat of paint to make it easier to keep clean..still good news
now for the bad news bit.....because I work mainly on my own when there is nobody around to help and a lack of equipment...the only way to get the box back in was to cut the crossmember as previously discussed....it was a last resort,with safety in mind.
before any cutting I took a lot of measurements and then did the deed.....with the centre out of the way I found that nothing had changed,no movement whatsoever....thankfully

same thiong but from otherside....used 3 bolts either side

and from further forward....in hind sight I feel that I should have done this right from the start.....making the whole deal so much easier and safer for someone like myself that works mainly solo and don't like asking for help unless absolutely necessary....would have like to doit with out the surgery but was not to be.
now I just have to wait to get a kickdown rod as the car never had one from when I got it.....I have found one but it is in Melbourne,3000 miles away....I have a bellcrank just got to wait for the rod now.
thanks for looking
jailbar Joe is offline   Reply With Quote